Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Systems Engineer to be based out of IDT Fall River, MA office. This individual will join a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers by working with and developing cutting edge technology to solve customer problems. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.Overview
The primary role of this Systems Engineer role is to create and maintain a system model to represent complex hardware and software infrastructures. Additionally, the engineer will be adept at generating clear, concise, technical documentation while also being able to quickly understand system behavior and functionality by evaluating technical documentation. Additional responsibilities may include test procedure creation, review, execution, and reporting as well as software development, automation using various scripting tools, and system administration.All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Analyze and decompose system requirements, review system design documents, create Technical Data Packages, Source Control Documents, and As Built Configuration Lists.
- Develop SysML models to support system design and documentation of hardware and software components.
- Analyze and develop technical documentation and technical procedures for system specification, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Apply systems and software technologies including virtualization and networks for next generation information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or other STEM field
- Ability and interest in the logical, systematic conversion of program requirements into viable technical solutions
- Understanding of System Engineering and Software Engineering best practices
- Understanding of performing test and integration, applying best engineering practices, and developing test methodologies
- Ability to understand system behavior through reading technical documentation.
- Ability to write concise and thorough technical documentation such as summary reports and procedures.
- Ability to work on-site in Fall River, MA with potential hybrid flexibility
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering/Model Based Software Development using SysML or UML
- Demonstrated knowledge in related disciplines (e.g. Software Engineering)
- Experience developing or testing large, complex systems
- Systems Engineering experience with system integration, verification, and validation testing
- Experience designing and testing complex SW systems, especially DoD Systems or large distributed SW Solutions
- Familiar with IT Infrastructure Design and Engineering including Infrastructure-as-a-service and Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating systems such as RHEL/CentOS.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of scripting using languages such as Bash and Python.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts which may include subnets, gateways, switches, and VLANs.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware such as network interface cards and solid-state disks.
- Ability to perform concurrent assignments and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-centric execution and coordination skills
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.