Airspace is a tech-enabled freight forwarder that's redefining how the world's most critical packages are delivered. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Airspace has employees who are based around the world. Our European headquarters is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
As a recognized leader in AI and machine learning, our team leverages data and patented technology to coordinate logistics across a global network of drivers and airlines. Our goal is to deliver those packages that are truly mission-critical in a way that is faster, more transparent, more secure, and more accountable than ever before. The items we deliver range from organs for transplant, to parts for critical machinery including grounded aircraft and highly sensitive components such as semiconductors.
Airspace has been rated one of America's best Startup Employers, listed as one of CNBC's Disruptor 50 companies, and featured as an Innovation and Disruption leader by CBS News. Airspace has the support of leading investors such as Telstra Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Defy Partners, DBL Partners, and Scale Ventures. To date the company has raised more than $140m.
The company is growing rapidly and serving more places around the world than ever before. We are looking for passionate, motivated individuals who want to make an IMPACT every day to help us execute on our mission of reshaping the world of time-critical logistics.Job Description:
The Account Manager (AM) is a strategic and revenue-driven role within Airspace. As an AM, you are responsible for the lifecycle of a portfolio of Airspace customers post acquisition, starting with customer onboarding and continuing with revenue expansion.Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of fast-growing accounts and define the expansion strategy to increase their AR (Annual Revenue).
- Understand the customer's pain-points and create a narrative around Airspace's role in addressing those needs and challenges.
- Monitor and report on the health status of your customer to the various stakeholders including C-level executives. The health status of a customer includes NRR (Net Retention Revenue), operational performance against agreed SLAs.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders by networking with customers, partners, and other industry contributors.
- Drive thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation within the tech-enabled logistics industry.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest industry and supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate and support your customers through change.
- Serving as the customer's trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders and finding win-win solutions for Mid-Market (MM) and Enterprise customers.
- Ensuring high product adoption by mastering teaching the Airspace platform to help your customers get the most out of their Airspace experience and inform them of new features or services when available.
- 3+ years of customer success or account management experience.
- Comfortable managing 30+ customers, holding regular Business Reviews and quarterly internal strategic reviews with the extended team.
- Experience in customer facing roles; should be able to effectively navigate difficult conversations.
- Familiar with a CRM solution such as Salesforce.
- Self-motivated and proactive in all aspects of your duties; actioning quick and maintaining good follow up.
- Capable of identifying issues and seeing them through to resolution.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and project management skill set.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presenter communication; must be able to talk through issues both internally and externally from operational level employees to the C suite of a customer organization.
- Driven team player looking to exceed personal and team goals, innovate systems and process, and uphold a first class company culture.
- Key competencies include:
- Continuously improving
- Managing of results
- Ability to deal with change
- Pay scale: $75,000 base salary ; 30% bonus ; Total On-target-earnings: $97,500
- High-quality health and dental care plan options.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after 90 days).
- We are One Team. We believe we all accomplish more when we are working together.
- We make an Impact. We are determined to have a positive influence on our environment, our customers, our industry, and our world.
- We are Passionate. We care deeply about our mission and are not afraid to raise the bar.
- We are Transparent. We pride ourselves on having open, honest, and sincere communication with our team and customers.
- We are Innovative. We never settle and are always striving to improve our product, service, and ourselves.
From life-saving organs to essential machinery components, Airspace is trusted by the world's largest companies and most critical healthcare organizations to move their most time-sensitive shipments on time, every time. Our proprietary AI-powered platform is the most advanced of its kind- awarded and protected by multiple patents, it provides speed, reliability, and transparency unrivaled in time-critical logistics. We are thinkers, builders, and doers; from building and deploying AI in the world to assembling a world-class operations team, Airspace is on a hypergrowth trajectory while remaining hyper-focused on the needs of our customers and team members.
With offices in the United States in Carlsbad, CA, Dallas, TX, and in Europe in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, and London, we are rapidly scaling into new markets and industries while continuing to innovate and maximize value for our customers. Backed by leading investors including Telstra, HarbourVest, Prologis, Qualcomm, Defy, and others, Airspace has raised $140M to date.
Join our team of 300+ technologists, futurists, and industry veterans as we work as One Team to revolutionize time-critical logistics.
Airspace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Airspace participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.
For this role the acquisition of recruitment agencies is not appreciated, thank you for your understanding.