Braintrust is on a mission to create and spread economic opportunity more equitably around the world. We were founded by two serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. To deliver on that mission, we operate the world's first decentralized talent network, powered by BTRST, our native cryptocurrency token. We've already laid some exceptional foundations for growth; In 3 years, we've grown our marketplace revenue by 50X. We have 500+ customers including Nestle, Nike, Porsche, Deloitte, Twitter, & Coursera to name a few. We've raised $142M in funding from leading Silicon Valley investors including Coatue, Tiger Global, Coinbase Ventures, IDEO, Blockchange, Uprising, True Ventures, Homebrew, ACME + more. We've been featured in The New York Times, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal + moreAbout The Role
As a Sales Development Representative at Braintrust, you will be responsible for working with the sales team to hunt for new target accounts. Your role will be key to augmenting our existing pipeline, adding to the qualified opportunities generated by our referral engine, product and PR.Responsibilities
- Be responsible for all stages of the lead generation process from research to qualification.
- Manage all inbound leads via the chatbot and elsewhere, ensuring every lead is followed up on.
- Research leads via CRM, LinkedIn, social media and 3rd party tools.
- Interact with leads via email, phone and social media to gather information, qualify fit and generate interest in our service offerings.
- Educate leads on our business model, differentiators and processes.
- Communicate opportunities to relevant sales directors, informing them about the opportunity and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Collaborate with the full sales team to continually improve our sales effectiveness (improving processes, developing client personas, building campaigns, etc).
- Rigorously log all data in the company SDR platform & CRM.
- Continuously up-level your individual skill set and strategies.
- Assist in building out process documentation and training materials for new team members.
- Act professionally as the face of Braintrust in everything you do.
Team and Culture
- Work ethic and determination: You're the hardest working person you know.
- Competitive nature: You're deeply competitive and have a desire to win.
- Highly organized: You'll be working as part of a distributed team and will need to organize your days, priorities and commitments.
- Communicator: Your success in this role depends on being a stellar communicator, both inside and outside of the organization, across all mediums (written or spoken, live or virtual).
- Sales Skills: You must have a strong understanding of how to navigate a large organization to assess which accounts/projects are in need of our specific resources, as well as a strong critical thinking ability to evaluate the merit of creative new tactics.
- Technical expertise: Basic understanding of software development life cycle to qualify opportunities.
- Independence: We are a fully distributed team and expect our team members to be productive working in a remote environment. You must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation.
- Professional: You will be the face of the company and need to reflect professionalism in every conversation, communication and activity you perform.
- Empathetic: You must deeply care about helping organizations solve their innovation challenges.
Make an Impact
- We are a mission driven culture composed of ambitious, creative and hard working people.
- We started and will always be a fully distributed team
- We offer unlimited PTO and the flexibility to work wherever and whenever is best for you
- We offer a variety of health, vision, & dental benefit packages, and cover 80% for you, and 50% for your dependents.
- We provide $100/ mo gym & house cleaning stipends as well as $50/mo connectivity stipend
- We provide a $500 annual learning & development, and a $250 technology stipend
Our Commitment To Equal Opportunity
- We're not going after a small problem or a small market. We're creating a new economic model for how work gets done globally.
- We believe talent is everywhere but opportunity is not; our ambition is to spread economic opportunity more equitably around the world.
- At Braintrust, the work you do will help accelerate innovation for enterprises, and make a difference in the lives of freelancers.
We are excited to work with and welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and who are qualified for the role that they apply for, regardless of race, national origin, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.