Job Description: At FirstIgnite, we know the key to growth is a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to join our team.
Responsibility Statement: The Sales Development Representative is responsible for creating conversations of value for both our university and business partners.
FirstIgnite supports researchers capable of changing the world. We’re seeking someone who will go above and beyond to begin the creation process of powerful outside relationships for our partners.
- Executing the entire university research marketing process within the FirstIgnite software, including prospecting and email campaigns for multiple university customers.
- Become a master of email marketing, leveraging both Outreach and Hubspot.
- Run phone calls to follow up on email campaigns.
- Be studious, learning from the results of each campaign in order to make improvements.
- Leverage online databases to prospect new companies on a daily basis.
- Follow the repeatable processes which have been created and that are partially automated using FirstIgnite software. You’ll be creating email content for every technology for which you run a campaign.
- Provide quick and actionable feedback to the product development team in order to continuously improve the functionality and effectiveness of the FirstIgnite platform.
Background and Education: We’re looking for an ambitious individual with 1-2 years of sales or business development experience. Sales and marketing degrees are preferred but all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Mission-Oriented: We take our mission seriously. Our leadership team is driven by the understanding that if we do our job successfully, we will play a small part in helping make the world a better place. It’s important our entire team is passionate about the mission.
Willingness to Learn: We work with very complex technologies. You do not need to be an expert on any individual technology, but you will constantly be learning enough from our clients in order to share the story of that technology with the world.