Scientific Games is the global leader in lottery games, sports betting and technology, and the partner of choice for government lotteries. From cutting-edge backend systems to exciting entertainment experiences and trailblazing retail and digital solutions, we elevate play every day. We push game designs to the next level and are pioneers in data analytics and iLottery. Built on a foundation of trusted partnerships, Scientific Games combines relentless innovation, legendary performance, and unwavering security to responsibly propel the global lottery industry ever forward.
The Account Manager works in tandem with the Tennessee Lottery and Scientific Games to provide various platforms of support including instant game planning, tracking development of conceptual artwork, building prize structures, and creating game specifications. Directs the day-to-day management of the instant product portfolio in Tennessee. The Product Manager is an instant product expert responsible for applying best practices to achieve optimal instant game performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential and important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Relationship and Account Management
- Manages the client relationship at the Lottery product manager level; may have interaction with other key lottery personnel
- Acts as internal advocate for the Lottery; has the authority to make game decisions on behalf of client as appropriate
- Serves as critical point of contact for all internal customers, including sales, operations, legal, programming, creative services, production control, scheduling, finishing, shipping, Insights, etc.
- Collaborates with the account team on the development of instant product strategies
- Assists the account team and actively participates in the development and delivery of key presentations such as state-of-the state, product strategies, and game plan recommendations
- Responsible for managing up to four focus groups annually to ultimately guide and support strategic product launches
- Tracks product sales and inventory to ensure consistent flow of product and analyze inventory levels to ensure proper and (most importantly) timely re-ordering of core games
- Creates and maintains sales performance analysis for distribution to the Lottery and internal management
- Utilizes analytics and research to inform game planning
- Work to meet Scientific Games Enhanced Partnership budget goals
Game Plan/Product Management
- Manages instant game portfolio and game schedule on a day-to-day basis
- Develops game specifications (working papers) and coordinates the components critical to the working paper development process, including font selection, layouts, parameters, prize structures, contract proofs, ticket samples, programming audit review, pricing, etc.
- Uses independent judgment to efficiently and effectively manage and prioritize the process flow of games from approved prize structure and conceptual art through working paper development, manufacturing, and delivery
- Investigates and recommends resolution for game-related issues during the working paper, pre-manufacturing, and manufacturing phases
- Ensures all legal requirements are secured including trademark searches and third party contracts
- Maintains client profiles, internal game specifications, ticket back masters, and packaging diagrams
- Manages input and updates for internal forecasting software
- Strong understanding of the instant product category including product planning, game development, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy with the ability to be a customer advocate while respecting and protecting SG’s best interests
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Acute attention to details a must
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm a must
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solid presentation skills; must be articulate and able to defend point of view in customer interaction while maintaining objectivity
- Ability to translate analytics, research findings, strategic initiatives, and SG best practices into actionable game plans, designs, and prize structures
- Self-starter and works well independently or in a group with minimal supervision
- Resourceful, strong problem solver
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Outlook
- Experience with SG internal systems such as Composer, VIEW Production Forecasting, and Aegis MAP a plus
- Understanding of SG creative and print processes a plus
- Lottery experience a plus
- Work in an office environment
- High pressure position with extensive client contact
- Occasional travel
Bachelors degree in related field.
Years Of Related Experience
Years of experience 2 to 5 years
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here for EEOC Poster.