Are you looking for a new opportunity in the electronic security industry? Join VTI Security, a Paladin Technologies company, one of the top security integrators in the United States, as an Account Executive. We are seeking candidates who are interested in furthering their career in account management by building Trusted Business Relationships with new local and national customers. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a growing company in a growing market.
POSITION OVERVIEW:Responsible for generating new business and grow existing accounts in all lines of business including service and installation solutions for new and/or existing customers. Prospects and develops new client relationships in line with VTI identified priorities. Develops and increases Key and National Account relationships to drive increased market share and sales opportunities. Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Be well versed in the communication of Company values, mission and strategy to achieve Trusted Business Partner status.
- Identify Client security requirements and effectively communicate the Company’s applicable services and products to meet those requirements.
- Prepare proposals, RFP’s, and/or assist with bid proposals that: identify and distinguish the features/benefits of the Company, meet Company GPM, and operational requirements.
- Develop and implement a proactive methodology for follow-up communication and proposal generation of all prospects.
- Maintain a proactive continuing relationship with Client’s in order to determine: satisfaction, provide assistance with future needs, solicit referrals, and assist in resolving collections of past due accounts.
- Assist in the selling of Service Contracts to existing Clients and 2ndyear Service Contracts for system upgrades/replacements.
- Solicit equipment upgrades, replacement projects, and/or Company promotions for existing clients.
- Present final contract to Client for signature and ensure requirements such as deposit retainer, appropriate taxes, invoicing information, and project information are complete.
- Complete Sales Order, scope, plans, and other project documentation timely, in accordance with Company procedures, and within applicable contract requirements.
- Work with Project Managers to implement timely and profitable installations that meet Client and Company expectations.
- Provide oversight as projects proceed by maintaining close communications with Project Managers regarding: project status, unresolved issues, change orders, and close out requirements.
- Represent Company in a business-like professional manner in both conduct and appearance, to maximize client satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies as well as the latest products and services offered by the Company. Attend manufacturer and technology education online and in person as necessary and available.
- Interface proactively and in a positive manner with co-workers in all departments to maximize customer satisfaction, exceed profit margins, and cash flow goals.
- Effectively communicate and respond in a timely manner to all Client and Company needs or inquiries.
- Work in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures including safety manual with safety of self and other in mind at all times.
- Participate in Industry and networking functions which foster the company’s values and goals.
- Provide activity reports as requested by management in a timely and acceptable format.
- Available to work outside of, or in addition to, normal businesses hours.
- Maintain and protect assigned Company assets.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in technology, security or similar industry.
- Acceptable driving record and ability to pass background screen and drug test.
- Minimum 1 year security industry experience
- Continuing education is highly valued – Technical, Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree or security industry certifications
- Results oriented networking and prospecting.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in one on one and large group situations.
- Excellent inter-personal skills including client and employee relations.
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Ability to multi-task while working under deadlines and time constraints.
- Efficient in standard business software (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Onenote, Visio).
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to function as an effective team member in a collaborative sales environment.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, (i.e. see, hear, speak and write clearly) in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS:In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate
- Travel may be required.
Pay:$60,000 - $90,000 (DOE)