was founded with the belief that restaurant operators and service providers should have a much better way to operate their businesses. As a first step towards our mission, we have built a SaaS-enabled marketplace that helps fast-growing restaurants manage their 🛠 repairs and maintenance, empowering them to focus on their customers.
Repair and maintenance is the heartbeat of any restaurant's operations, yet the existing management methods are complex, expensive, and time-consuming. With ResQ, restaurants can simply get connected to qualified service providers, submit jobs, track progress, and pay, all in one place.
We are trusted by the world's leading restaurant brands and are venture-backed by top-tier global VCs - and we are just getting 🚀 started!
Hello 👋 Future ResQer!
ResQ is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our sales team and help us take ResQ to the next level. As the team that drives most of the net 💰 revenue for the business, this is an exciting opportunity that provides high impact results. From a mission perspective, you will play a pivotal role by creating meaningful partnerships with some of the best local and regional restaurants in your market.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important choices you make, and adding a team member is one of the most important choices we’ll make. We want you to get to know us, and we want to understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you.
We thrive on being transparent and we know Sales requires a certain interest and discipline, so we have included some questions to ask yourself to help you choose if this role is right for you at this specific time (if not, then let’s connect later!!)
Are you nodding your head with excitement at the idea of:
What you will do:
- Developing unique outbound prospecting strategies
- Targeting and qualifying prospects
- Tracking and achieving targets
As a Business Development Representative at ResQ, you will play a pivotal role in growing our pipeline and booking opportunities for our sales team. You will generate new business through inbound leads and outbound prospecting, qualifying leads and positioning ResQ to potential customers.
Who you are:
- Building Pipelines 📞 You will be responsible for targeting and qualifying prospects, conducting discovery calls and identifying opportunities for the sales team.
- Prospecting 💪🏼 You will develop outbound prospecting strategies working closely with the sales and marketing team.
- Hitting activity metrics 📈 You are a driven sales professional that will generate 60 - 100 activities/day through email, calling and social media.
- Tracking and achieving targets 🤑 You will experiment different "out of the box" ways to generate and close new leads. You are highly metrics-driven and relentless in exceeding your targets.
- Develop your sales career 💼 Learn the full sales cycle by working closely with marketing, sales and customer success teams.
You already know sales involves lots of patience and persistence - and we know that years of sales experience can be an imprecise proxy for success at a start-up. So we’re open to different paths - we’re looking for attitude first and we can train for the skills - we’ll focus on transferable skills so we want to ensure that you are ready to start this next chapter of your career with us!!!
Nice to haves:
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- You have an understanding of sales processes and the importance of moving leads through the funnel - You should have the ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- You have a data and metric driven mindset with an unwavering dedication towards achieving your and company's targets
- You have a customer-first mindset, we are obsessed with customer experience and setting new standards for excellent service
- You are an ambitious top performer, you persevere through intense obstacles
How you will do it:
- Deep understanding of sales processes and the importance of moving opportunities through the funnel
- Experience with sales management tools like Salesforce
- Experience in the restaurant industry or technology marketplaces would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Challenger Sales methodology
What to expect as a candidate:
- A self-starter: You wake up, form a plan, and get going!
- Practice Extreme Ownership - including exhibiting a bias for action, a deep desire to understand all parts of our business, including our customers, and partners; taking risks, adapting and learning till you succeed; a mindset to persevere!
- Be open to feedback; listen, learn, and iterate. We’re all One Team!
- Live and breathe a customer-first mindset, one that cares deeply about the customer experience and sets new standards for service
While we are never perfect, we have aimed to build a process that fosters fairness and helps to minimize bias, this includes structured processes and interviews. Our goal is that everyone interviewed has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome.Stage 1️⃣ :
Send us your resume and a note about how your story connects to ours. Feel free to focus on what you have learned rather than just a list of responsibilities. Tell us your story! We’ll aim to tell you quickly if it is not the right fit so you are always informed.Stage 2️⃣ :
Successful candidates will meet with Amanda, Talent Manager. It will be standardized to keep things fair but also with enough room to show your uniqueness. We’ll communicate the salary range now for full transparency. If you like us and we also think there is a fit, we’ll invite you to the next stage.Stage 3️⃣ :
A call or in-person interview with our Regional Sales Manager who will ask you more in depth questions about your experience and skills. Come with questions! If this call goes well and we both want to move forward with each other we will ask you to complete an assignment for your next and final call.Stage 4️⃣ :
This is the final stage in the process and we will ask you to do a live cold call with our Regional Sales Manager and another member of the team. We will provide feedback, ask some more questions (who doesn’t love more questions…) and leave time for you to ask questions to our team.Want to learn more? 👀 Keep Reading!
We are a mission-driven team and have a big vision to revolutionize the service industry. While on that journey, we recognize that building a startup is very hard. Turning vision into reality in a fast-growing environment takes superhuman efforts and is often one of the most difficult, yet rewarding, things one can do.
We do our best to ensure transparency during all stages of the interview process but we realize it's a lot of information 📚 to take in at once so we wanted to centralize everything to make it easier for you to navigate through. We have created a Talent Notion page which will help you learn more about us during the recruitment process.
We are spilling the Tea 🫖 on all things ResQ, click here
if you want access to the inside scoop 💬 Tell your friends, because sharing is caring 🧡
_____________________________________________________________ResQ strongly believes that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will result in a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. ResQ is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, or any other status or condition protected by Ontario or local law. ResQ is committed to workplace diversity and will pro
vide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.Not Sure You Meet all the Requirements? We know the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you!