The Center for Internet Security (CIS) makes the connected world a safer place for people, businesses, and governments through our core competencies of collaboration and innovation. We are a community-driven nonprofit responsible for industry leading best practices for securing IT systems and data. We lead a global community of IT professionals to continuously evolve these standards and provide products and services to proactively safeguard against emerging threats.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the CIS SecureSuite Membership team in providing technical expertise to increase sales activities. This role will take the lead in providing leadership and support to this initiative.
What You'll Do
- Understand customer requirements to demonstrate value proposition of SecureSuite Membership
- Deliver professional presentations to members via phone and web technologies, and in person as necessary
- Manage all phases of product evaluations including installations
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas and products
- Build use case recommendations and educate prospects on relevant new features
- Collaborate regularly with Product Operations and other technical teams
- Track contact and activities with all accounts within Salesforce
- Assist in identifying and developing case studies, white papers and testimonials
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell/upgrade services
- Represent CIS in a general capacity and present at conferences or product meetings as necessary
- Ensure reporting and communication is frequent and bi-directional
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field*
- 3+ years of pre-sales engineering experience
- Familiar with and fluent using Salesforce and Microsoft Office
- Experienced with the following; MS Windows (including Windows Server), Linux, VMware vSphere & Workstation, scripting
- Experienced with network and network security
- Experience in conducting technical remote demonstrations to potential clients via WebEx or like applications
- Ability to work independently and with the team collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to articulate the importance of foundational cybersecurity as the core of all corporate initiatives
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It's a Plus If You Have
- Some level of cloud computing with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with VMware virtualization, architecting and building out of demo environments to demonstrate the value of offerings
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with and/or training other colleagues at a technical level
- Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
At CIS, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment in which the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views of our employees, members, and customers are valued and respected. It is through this commitment that we are able to work together towards our common mission: to make the connected world a safer place.