Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.The Role
The Consumer Channel Sales Senior Director is responsible for leading the Alternative Markets and Digital Partner sales channels. This candidate is accountable for developing and executing the national strategy to meet and exceed assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quota, while balancing online sales initiatives across both internal and external partners. The Senior Director will foster strong relationships with key partners, develop a comprehensive strategy and go-to-market plan that maximizes the competencies and sales tactics of each partner, and manage the deployment of those partners in the marketplace to drive profitable unit growth.The Main Responsibilities
What We Look For In a Candidate
- Manage large strategic partner relationships at the executive, director and execution level; take action and hold accountable to meet sales objectives, quality and key operational targets.
- Manage team of Channel Sales Managers to drive recruitment of new partners and the execution within the existing partners they support.
- Foster strong relationships with key National Partners to create and maintain strategic relationships that drive profitability for Lumen’s Consumer business
- Effectively engage with cross functional teams and resources to drive execution towards partner goals
- Support the development of marketing programs within the strategic partners directed at increasing product sales and awareness.
- Manage partner costs & related support expenses to drive increased profitability of the channel.
- Drive improvements in customer experience through partner initiatives
- Build & leverage industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging potential, & competitors.
- Establish readiness of future leaders
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 15+ years related experience and 10+ years’ experience at a director or senior manager level
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and report quantitative and financial data
- Self-motivation, strong interpersonal/influencing skills
- Proven ability to drive high performing teams
- Proficiency with personal computers, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ year’s sales management / partner management experience
Requisition #: 325599
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.NOTE:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary RangeSalary Min
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here.
We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary RangeSalary Max
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.