Account Manager, Layer 3 Communications
Location: Houston, Texas
MGT is an award-winning provider of nationwide consulting and technology solutions for the Public Sector. Our team members are dedicated, results-oriented, and committed to ensuring that all clients receive only the best solutions and world class customer service.
Layer 3 Communications, an MGT Company, is looking for a seasoned, experienced sales leader who is passionate about Information Technology. The ideal candidate will be able to appropriately identify the needs of both new and current customers to aid customers in their success using our IT product offerings and services. For a candidate willing to invest a minimum of 3-5 years in this position, you can help develop your territory and create opportunities for advancement at Layer 3 Communications. The primary function of this position is to cultivate new business, as well as to manage existing clientele. This position carries a monthly quota and quarterly achievement is a key measure of success. The position has a base salary, plus uncapped commission.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Pro-actively network, cold call, and sell to multiple contacts within an organization, including executive levels
- Manage and develop relationships with customers and provide a consultative sales approach articulating value propositions that delivers the highest level of Account Management and increases profitability
- Passionately share the Milestone story and represent Milestone’s professional services and technology partner products
- Hunter mentality, dedication and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Maintain industry relationships through organizations (ISSA, ISACA, etc.) or other networking venues
- Drive attendance to regional marketing events
- Works closely with vendor partners and be able to articulate their technology. Maintain a solid understanding of partner pricing models and deal registration program.
- Accurately and consistently maintains sales forecast
- Maintain open communication with clients and vendors through the lifecycle of the sales process
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Four (4) or more years of experience in technology/information systems/technical solution sales experience required
- Thorough understanding of the Information Technology environment with extensive connections and strong relationships with Fortune 2000 accounts within the territory
- Proven talent for identifying, negotiating and closing innovative deals
- Prior experience analyzing and structuring a variety of agreements
- Current infrastructure and security space experience required
- Experience in using CRM system including not limited to meetings, contacts, calendar, travel, and forecasts
- Proposal and technical writing experience
- Demonstrated ability in lead generation and opening new accounts and executing complex sales cycles
- History of exceeding sales goals of greater than $2.5M
- Vendor related networking/security sales certifications, a plus: HPE/Aruba, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, F5
- Demonstrated experience positioning statements of work, professional services, and security/network assessments (preferred)
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to comfortably interact and negotiate with senior executives
- Computer proficiency
MGT of America Consulting, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, or any other characteristic or class protected by law.