We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Customer Success team at Cruise is the primary human connection with our customers. In this role, you’ll be an early member of a critical team in a rapidly developing industry.
As Senior Process Excellence Manager, you will specialize in creating the smoothest, most efficient, and most delightful experiences for our internal support specialists and for our thousands of ride-hail customers. You will design, implement, and scale new ideas to improve our customer operation, and be the accountable person to drive continuous improvement initiatives across the department.
What You'll Be Doing
- Evaluate existing processes, systems, and tools with flow charts, value maps, metrics, time studies, and customer journey maps.
- Determine the most impactful gaps and opportunities to redesign vastly improved end state workflows that will transform our business.
- Create best-in-class user experiences that optimize for trainability, repeatable success, minimal variance, and a high assurance of quality.
- Spearhead continuous improvement programs to ideate new opportunities, determine prioritization, and activate the cross-functional working groups to drive action.
- Test hypotheses, run experiments, and implement process changes rapidly for the continuous improvement of our operation to reduce defects and friction throughout the user lifecycle.
- Use analytical tools and skills to develop data-backed strategies to influence multiple teams’ roadmaps without formal ownership or authority over resources.
What You Must Have
- 7+ years of experience in technology or management consulting, operations, finance, industrial engineering, or similar focused on process transformation and operational excellence.
- In-depth experience with lean methodologies such as five whys, six sigma certification, 5s, value stream mapping, and customer journey maps.
- Highly skilled with storytelling and executive presentations to pitch the transformative opportunities, request resources where needed, illustrate the potential business value, and celebrate the wins.
- Highly proficient with data analysis, including SQL, Sheets or Excel, and business intelligence tools like Looker or Tableau.
- Technical undergraduate degree in engineering, finance, computer science, data science, or other quantitative subject areas.
- MBA or Masters preferred.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly evolving environment where the only constant is change.
- Enthusiastic about the AV industry and the impacts it will have on society.
The salary range for this position is $116,400 - 171,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.