Scale is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to lead growth and impact from Scale's products. Scale is an AI infrastructure platform that empowers machine learning developers and organizations to build the world’s most ambitious AI solutions. As part of the growing GTM, you will oversee a customer segment, drive pipeline, and close deals within this customer segment.
Ideally you'd have:
- You’ll own Scale’s execution for driving impact through customer growth and success. In this highly visible role, you will own business plans and drive impact from one of our highest growth segments within Scale.
- Ideally, you also have experience selling both to a business and technical audience.
- Demonstrated success by achieving quota on a consistent basis.
- Ability to drive the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
- Passionate about what you do and you are able to think outside of the box.
- Forecast opportunities , drive accountability cross functionally, and most importantly CLOSE DEALS!
- Strong sales process skills, you are not afraid of entering details into Salesforce; building dashboards for yourself to manage your team and focusing individuals to capture opportunity data to properly report against.
- Impact led business growth : Expertise in selling to digital first companies and can use and adopt technologies to build a better world. Experience defining requirements and building strategies to effectively scale revenue through early product development, and leading teams focused on impact as well as revenue.
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments: You are going to be working on selling products very early in development, iterating on those sales models, and closing marquee customers for our new products.
- 5+ years of Business Development, Consultant, or Solutions Sales experience and a track record of personally selling and closing complex solutions to enterprise and software companies.
- Technology sales : Expertise in technology sales, distribution, and adoption of complex business models. Scale isn’t a “revenue per seat” sales model. We focus on developer / API focussed technologies, or consumption based technology. Selling to machine learning and data science teams. Having this experience is a plus, but not required. At Scale, customer relationships are dependent on technical performance.
- Executive customer engagement : Proven track record of successfully building and expanding customer relationships to new departments and c-suite.
- Cross functional and executive influence : Working cross functionally with Executive Leadership, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, and Compliance to ensure customer success. Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels. Experience with creating, developing, and communicating executive level materials.
- Accountability: Quantifying business needs and developing metrics. Proven track record of delivering performance against goals consistently and predictably.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Scale's equity plan.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Scale hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. We will work from home during the current pandemic measures. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, or Seattle, is $140,000 - $200,000. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.