About Us 🌎
EcoCart is a leading climate technology application for online retailers. We partner with brands to meet their sustainability goals by identifying opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint throughout their supply chain and business operations. Where greenhouse gas emissions are unavoidable we partner with certified carbon offset projects. By helping ecommerce businesses tell their sustainability story we boost trust, prevent greenwashing, and offset unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions.
We are a 50-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, & affordable for everyone!
EcoCart is currently only hiring folks based in the United States or Canada.
See who you'd be working with by checking out our org chart: https://theorg.com/org/ecocart
Salary: $65,000 base ($90,000 OTE)
The Business Development Team is one of the newest additions to EcoCart and helps drive pipeline for our amazing Account Executives! We are currently a team of four and looking to add two additional BDRs that are excited and motivated to continue growing our business together. Our department is full of individuals that are curious, strategic and hungry to learn more each and every day and we are excited to keep adding to our small but mighty team!
We’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on right away. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead EcoCart through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
A day in the life
- Be accountable to lead generation goals that turn into ideal sales opportunities
- Discover ideal merchants for EcoCart, get them attracted to our product and partner with our sales team to close deals with urgency
- Uncover sales opportunities through any means necessary - this will include mostly email, but also phone, social media, text, LinkedIn, and EcoCart-provided lead generation platforms
- Act as THE voice of our market, sharing insights with our sales, marketing, merchant success and product teams so we can be exceptional at responding to market needs
- Maintain exceptional partnerships with prospects - you know a loss is never permanent
- Elevate the business development culture at EcoCart
- The business development function is new to EcoCart but has a great foundation- your role will help define what that function looks like and how it contributes as we grow
- We’ll look to you to provide leadership on your team, by supporting your team members and making everyone around you better
- 1+ years of experience meeting (or exceeding!) lead generation goals, preferably at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience using a CRM (we use HubSpot)
- Ability to engage in conversation with anyone effortlessly and quickly become one of their favorite people to work with
- Ability to take a loss and relentlessly turn it into a win
- Prior experience making your role better than you found it by proactively seeking coaching, and creating and continuously improving expectations, processes and supporting content
- Collaborative working style, with the drive to share your expertise with coworkers and level up the skills of your team
- Series A Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Remote-first environment
- Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Mental health benefits
- Life insurance
- Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
- Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!