Azul Systems, Inc. is the only company 100% focused on Java. Our strategy is to make Azul the heart of every modern cloud enterprise by prioritizing our customers’ success, maintaining our unwavering commitment to innovation and excellence, and advancing Java through community leadership.
Azul is a fast-growing, remote-first organization that provides plenty of opportunities to broaden your skills, try new things and advance your career. While other tech firms are experiencing hiring freezes and layoffs, we are hiring! Azul is well-suited to thrive in challenging market conditions due to our long history of innovation, happy customer base and strong financial position. We are looking to hire impact-makers with growth mindsets who are passionate about solving customer challenges around cloud cost optimization, performance-driven applications and anything related to Java. We invite you to explore career opportunities with the world’s largest commercial provider of OpenJDK and be part of an exciting moment in our journey.
Azul seeks experienced, smart, and creative presales engineers responsible for driving all technical aspects of our sales cycles. This is an exciting role that demands initiative and enthusiasm. Along with your sales partners, you will grow adoption of Azul technology at the world’s largest organizations.
This role requires extensive Sales Engineer experience and strong working knowledge of Java and Linux.
- Technical expert who best understands, articulates, and evangelizes Azul’s solutions
- Lead troubleshooting sessions and investigations
- Support sales partners to identify, qualify and scope new and upsell opportunities
- Lead pilots (customer technical validations)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customer champions and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers throughout Azul to learn, contribute and share best practices
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a sales engineer with hands-on experience leading technical evaluations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in IT support or development
- Strong working knowledge of Java preferred
- Experience with JVM internals preferred
- Experience in application performance analysis and tuning preferred
- Experience with the latest technologies (e.g., Cassandra, Spark, Kubernetes, Elastic, AWS, GCP, Azure) preferred
- Outstanding storyteller and presenter
- Self-starter and possess the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and operate as a thought leader
- Record of building and fostering strong customer relationships
- Great analytical problem solver
- Data analysis skills
- Able to analyze business and technical needs from customers and communicate them clearly to engineering teams
- Comfortable with up to 30% travel
- Open-minded, possess a fun attitude to work and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Central US, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana
Azul Systems, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, age, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.