Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we're disrupting video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are deployed at thousands of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including SpaceX, ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh Farms.
We've recently raised $40M Series B financing to continue to transform how organizations use their video footage. We're backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP Ventures.Who You Are:
You are excited when the sales processes you participate in deliver the "technical win" not only for Spot AI prospects, but also for the Account Executives you support and the business itself. You are a polished business communicator, able to speak with stakeholders with buying power at all levels. You are able to quickly establish yourself as a technical and product expert with IT stakeholders gaining trust that allows you to navigate conversations and handle objections with ease. You recognize opportunities to iterate on current sales processes, and align your new ideas internally and with customers. You enjoy having a close partnership with internal IT champions to understand their needs based on their customer interaction, and you will work cross-functionally with the product team to create feedback loops that help guide the product roadmap. You are excited about disrupting an emerging industry, and have no fear in taking on the competition during buying cycles. You enjoy a collaborative environment, and evolving with the ever-changing needs of a startup.What Excites You:
What Gets Our Attention:
- Helping businesses use more video to solve security, safety and operational issues
- Working customer-backwards to solve business problems by matching their pains / needs to where the product is today
- Demonstrating subject matter expertise and evangelizing a revolutionary product and technology to establish technical leadership with customers
- Diving into unknown problems and solving them to enable the company to rapidly capture market share
- Putting in place processes to help you and your team scale
- Making a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company while building your pre-sales career
What's In It For You:
- Your strong technical foundation in networking, especially if it includes experience in video management systems and applications
- Your knowledge of LANs, WANs (SD WANs) and virtual private clouds, internet uplinks, etc.
- Your ability to articulate and guide IT staff with network configurations and deployment scenarios; you'll become an expert with Spot AI network appliances
- Your familiarity with OpenAPIs and integration with third party systems such as Access Controls, Sensors etc.
- Independently carry out trials with prospects.
- Your clear and effective professional communication skills that allow you to successfully set up and deliver product demos and carry out trials with prospects, communicate at all levels of an organization, both internally and with customers
- Your ability to partner cross-functionally with Account Executives and sales leaders to prioritize opportunities
- A team player who is an independent thinker but also works towards collective team success
- Your strong attention to detail, "can-do" approach, and your bias to action
- Your ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize to manage multiple calls/demos per day, including immediate follow up
- Your familiarity with video streaming and packaging formats is an added plus
- Experience selling to local and state governments, schools is an added plus
- Your previous experience (of at least 3 years) as a Sales Engineer for SaaS company; startup experience is even better
What We Value:
- Base Salary Range: $112,000 - $170,000 annually. Offered salary will be based on the offered candidate's demonstrated attributes and competencies related to the role, as well as the offered candidate's geographical location within the United States. Your recruiting partner can share more details about the compensation range as it relates to your geography once your interview process has begun.
- Commission opportunity up to 40% of base salary, paid monthly
- Generous early stage equity
- Medical, dental and vision plan options
- 401K with Employer Match
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO and a 14-week new parent leave policy
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, including a stipend to set up your ideal home office if you are working outside of our Lehi, UT office location
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer's goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It's a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other's strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!