We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Snowflake’s Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Director, Sales Engineering to lead a highly skilled team of SE Managers. You will work directly with our sales team to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, lead a team of sales engineers who provide value-based evaluation scenarios including demonstrations, labs, POCs, and closing business.
This is a hands-on role in which you will build a sales engineering organization and own the revenue and consumption responsibilities for the group.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Recruit, hire, onboard and manage a diverse team of managers, supporting employee development and performance
- Develop and execute selling strategies and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota and consumption targets and ensure customer success
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team’s needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with product, engineering, sales, marketing and services
- Play an active role in sourcing and screening potential candidates and managing the entire interview process
- Act as a player/coach working with your team on and delivering compelling presentations to customers and prospects
- Innovate and implement strategies that will uplevel your teams skills
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
- 10+ years of industry experience in a pre-sales capacity with 4+ years of direct second line management experience (hiring, training and retaining top diverse talent)
- Industry expertise within Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, and/or SaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of and experience with the technical aspects of a SQL database ecosystem
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems to Snowflake’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the unique business value we can add. We value both transparency and uncompromising integrity. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our customers successful. Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.ABOUT SNOWFLAKE:
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base pay range for this role is $280,125 - $311,250. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake's commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $373,500 - $415,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake's equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we're scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?