Rutter is building the common language for business. Rutter is used by companies all over the world to read and write data across commerce, accounting, and payments platforms. Rutter’s Universal API makes it easy for companies to automate accounting processes, deliver data-driven lending decisions, launch in new markets, and more.
We’re backed by a16z and investors from leading fintech innovators like Plaid, Alloy, Ramp, and Modern Treasury.The Role
We are looking for a high-energy Account Executive to join our fast-paced team and help us grow our business to new heights.
As an Account Executive, you will be a critical member of Rutter’s Go-To-Market team and be directly responsible for building and solidifying long-standing relationship with our clients, understanding their needs and goals, and presenting solutions to meet their unique business requirements. You will also be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, negotiating contracts, and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the entire sales cycle.
You’ll be working with a veteran GTM team, whose team members have previously built GTM functions from $1M through IPO.You will:
- Own full sales cycles from prospecting to closing. You’ll be responsible for self-sourcing opportunities, while being supported with opportunities generated by SDRs and marketing.
- Focus on our newest product line: Accounting Integrations. You will become a subject matter expert in accounting workflows, ERP integrations, API design, and ultimately how we deliver organizational value for our customers.
- Take a consultative selling approach by educating and advising customers on their accounting workflows
- Work closely with Product, Ops, and Engineering teams to share customer feedback and insights to build the best quality product
- Shape hiring practices and be a mentor for new and developing sales team members as the team continues to grow
- Help contribute to the overall Go-To-Market strategy by making recommendations and presenting new ideas
You (ideally) have:
- 2-5+ years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a full cycle closing position
- Experience with MEDDICC and Command of the Message training from Force Management
- Experience in the B2B SaaS industry
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Ability to quickly learn the needs of customers we sell to i.e. conduct meetings and write detailed emails that are personalized to customer needs
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
What you'll get:
- Sold a highly technical product
- Financial services or accounting domain expertise
- Worked at an early stage company
Where we are, and where you’ll be:
- A fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Unlimited paid time off, quarterly company-wide recharge days, and a wellness stipend
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- A stipend to buy your laptop and set up your home office
- 401K match
- Ownership & stake in the company
We're remote-first, with a local office in Lower Manhattan. New York City, San Francisco, and Los Angeles-based candidates are preferred, but this position can be hired anywhere in the United States.Compensation
Rutter believes that diversity and inclusion enrich our workplace, so we are committed to hiring talented individuals with diverse backgrounds for our roles, including qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- If performed in New York or San Francisco, the total on-target earnings cash compensation range for this role is $130,000 - $200,000.
- Our actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to you, including your skill set, years of experience, and geographic location.