Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.About The Role
As a Solutions Engineer at r2c, you’d be an integral part of a diverse team working to help developers everywhere build more secure applications. Your daily engagements with our customers would directly contribute to a more productive and durable development process that catches software vulnerabilities before they go live. You will be the technical expert working directly with our customers to understand their goals and challenges, integrate our products and services into their environments, and ensure we deliver the maximum value possible.What You’ll Do
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Become an expert on Semgrep and integrating our platform into the software development lifecycle.
- Own the technical aspects of the sales process - demonstrate product features and expertise, deliver successful proof of concepts, and educate customers on best practices.
- Help our customers identify and understand their security vulnerabilities and build robust systems to detect and prevent them in the future.
- Articulate to customers how our platform is uniquely differentiated to power their security program with greater speed, accuracy, and flexibility than other offerings.
- Champion our customers’ needs internally to guide our product and development teams in continuing to deliver products that delight application security teams and their organizations.
- Minimize customer friction in adopting and deploying Semgrep through building automation, refining processes, or creating content for external consumption.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- An interest in people and helping them solve challenging technical problems2+ years working with customers in a pre-sales, customer success, or customer/product support experience.
- A deep understanding of developer workflows and build systems, including CI / CD environments such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, Circle CI, Jenkins, and Buildkite.
- Exposure to application security, vulnerability management, and static analysis programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, similar technical field of study, boot-camp completion, or equivalent practical experience.
What We Offer
- Salary Range: $84,000 - $120,000* USD ($120,000 - $170,00 uncapped OTE)
- Our compensation package includes equity and benefits in addition to salary.
- Please note that the range listed is for someone based in the SF Bay Area. If you are located elsewhere, we adjust salaries based on location.
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every r2cer with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or any other accommodation.Who We Are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and adrenaline addicts, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
r2c is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in r2c’s mission, and treat r2c’s values as your own, you belong here.
You will need working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English. We work as a hybrid on-site / remote organization. r2c primarily works in the Pacific, Eastern, and Central EU time zones.