Apty is a digital platform that accelerates software adoption and goes beyond UI walkthroughs and tooltips to focus on business processes, outcomes, and employee productivity. The proactive digital adoption platform works with any web-based application to track usage, provide on-screen help, and improve overall adoption. Apty's data engine analyzes user data and provides actionable insights so you can improve efficiency at an unprecedented scale. Apty also functions as an innovative and intelligent platform to provide users with real-time guidance while navigating through web applications. Apty also helps increase employee self-sufficiency and reduce the load on tech support. Apty set sail with a mission to rescue companies stranded when justifying tech ROI and help them gain real, measurable business value when implementing leading technology solutions.
*** This role is based in our Austin office (hybrid schedule Mon-Thurs in-office, Fri work from home)
What Would You Do?
As a Sales Engineer, you will combine your technical knowledge with your interpersonal skills to build relationships and help customers with their technical challenges/requirements, and deliver technical demonstrations that illustrate our unique value. You’ll partner with our Solutions and Sales team to drive a comprehensive effective pre-sales cycle. This role is based in our Austin office near downtown with a hybrid schedule (Mon-Thurs in office/ WFH Fridays).
- Support the Account Executives by taking a consultative role in the customers' evaluation processes, including answering all technical questions, troubleshooting issues, and managing escalation to Support and Engineering
- Lead technical discovery and prepare/deliver technical presentations explaining Apty’s products to prospects and customers
- Build demo environments and deliver specific demos for new prospects and clients
- Manage and execute technical proof of concepts (POCs)
- Work with Sales and CSM on facilitating the resolution of opportunities related to technical queries
- Work with the management to shape a best practice guide for Technical Demos
- Process pre-sales (trial) questions and technical issues from potential customers and the Sales team
- Collaborate with the tech Support engineers on the resolution of customer issues
- Create materials and videos to be used in sales activities
- Act as a link between Sales/Customers and Product team
- Work actively with Product team on improving the products and functionalities
Desired Sales Skills:
- Ability to communicate comfortably with developers all the way up to “C” level executives
- Ability to create and manage associated sales engineering administrative deliverables (status reports, PowerPoint presentations, executive overviews, technical documents, etc)
- Ability to execute technical demos and POVs
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback / open-minded willingness to grow and share
- Experience with B2B SaaS companies or working with Enterprise level clients
Required Technical Capabilities:
- DOM understanding and ability to perform DOM analysis for customer web applications
Good to Haves:
- SQL Database – Postgres / MySQL
- Experience with API integration
- Infrastructure / DevOps experience with cloud architectures – base knowledge – AWS
- preferred. GCP and Azure a bonus.
- Basic understanding of Ubuntu OS, Kubernetes, Amazon CloudFront, Golang.
We offer a competitive salary, Health/Dental/Vision benefits, PTO, and Paid Holidays. Apty is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.