Customer Success ManagerPosition Summary
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) works with existing customers to ensure customers realize value from their maintenance and support services and/or subscriptions. They are responsible for the post-sale lifecycle of the customer from onboarding to renewal of the contract and/or subscription. CSMs are members of the Customer Success team.
CSMs work proactively with customers to ensure optimal utilization of products and services. They act as the primary post-sales point of contact for customers and coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure the success of each customer.
CSMs are responsible for the commercial relationship, which means they secure payments from customers to renew their support contracts and/or subscriptions. Customers are typically medium to large in size, moderate renewal complexity, and have a high propensity to grow. The renewal is evidence that the customer has committed to continue their relationship with the company.
The CSM primarily interacts with customers and/or partners via the telephone. On occasion, they may also visit customers face-to-face. They are responsible for not only retaining recurring revenue, but also growing revenue by expanding customer spend.Land Phase
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Transition Manager to ensure successful handoff of customer from the Sales team to the Customer Success team.
- Execute ‘Welcome” process.
- Ensure customer is onboarded effectively and efficiently in order to optimize customer time to value and Burrough’s time to revenue.
- Build relationships with the influencers and decision makers within assigned customers.
- Maintain good industry and business knowledge. Maintain an excellent level of product knowledge as is relevant for assigned customers/partners.
- Serve as second level escalation contact between customers/partners and appropriate company departments to resolve escalated questions and issues and to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Assist broader account team to provide seamless customer interactions.
- Effectively communicate company messages, value propositions, etc. verbally and in writing.
- Review, interpret and manage contractual terms:
- Attains Services SLA & manages governance
- Achieves margin goals
- Advisor for billing questions
- Oversight of in invoice disputes
- Prepare content for and present at monthly or quarterly business reviews with customers.
- Work proactively with assigned customers and/or partners to prepare for the successful renewal of support contracts and/or subscriptions.
- Validate customer asset lists and prepare renewal quotes for maintenance and support contracts and/or subscriptions consistent with expected timelines and policies.
- Contact and follow-up with customers and partners to ensure timely renewal of support contracts and/or subscriptions. Communicate value throughout the renewal process.
- Manage negotiations with customers on pricing and price increases.
- Learn and use the systems required to improve adoption, complete the renewal, track progress, forecast and report results.
- Prepare order packet for processing and invoicing.
- Track contract non-renewal including reasons for cancellation.
- Prepare forecasts of renewal bookings. Participate in forecast reviews.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding renewal quota.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Generate leads for additional products and services, including premium support offerings.
- Proactively introduce services to customers to add more value to customers and expand customer spend.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure effective and timely follow-up.
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional image and interpersonal skills.
- Good decision making ability and insightfulness.
- Knowledge of the technology industry and typical product deployment.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Driven to action.
- Ability to engage executives (internal and external).
- Rapport building and conflict management skills.
- Capacity for creative and innovative thinking and analysis.
- Sales and solutions focused.
- Proactive and responsive.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 2 years of experience with customer account management
- 2 years of prior sales experience in a quota-carrying role is strongly preferred
- 2 years of experience negotiating with customers and managing to contractual terms
- Experience with maintenance and support contract renewals and/or subscriptions is strongly preferred
- Strong computer proficiency, especially working knowledge of CRM applications
Physical Requirements And Working Conditions
- Quota Achievement
- Customer Churn Rate
- On-time Renewal Rate for Recurring Revenues
- Expansion of Revenue & Margin with Existing Customers (i.e. Dollar Net Retention)
- SLA Achievement with Customers
- Customer Satisfaction Scores
- Recurring Revenue Forecast Deviation <10%
- Requires use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone.
- Most job activities take place during the regular workday, however, off hour response to field service escalations are required.
Please note that Burroughs offers accommodation as required in accordance with the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.