Want to learn more about this role and Jobot? Click our Jobot logo and follow our LinkedIn page!
Work From Home - Leading Industrial Tech -Publicly Traded
This Jobot Job is hosted by Rick Cristiano
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $100,000 - $125,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a publicly traded professional distribution management company that provides leading edge products and services to a variety of verticals. We continue to stay on the cutting edge of technology, training and products while attracting and retaining the best employees. Our corporate strategy is simply to be the best solution for the industrial customer.
Why join us?
In addition an amazing company culture we offer a number of perks and benefits to attract top talent including remote options, strong salaries, bonuses, healthcare options, PTO and many more.
This role will work closely with sales and application engineering teams. We give variable bonuses if you help the sales team close deals! There will be field work involved going to client sites and overnight travel. We want someone who is strong selling Controls and Automation product/services. VFD, PLC and Instrumentation experience a plus. Additional experinece with rotating equipment or pumps a plus. We want someone who can read schematics and explain process flow diagrams. This role will be based either in Santa Ana, California or Denver, CO. Report to the office in the begging during ramp up then be working from home mostly.
Qualifications Of The Controls Sales Engineer
- 1-2 years of experience in controls, electrical, and instrumentation on modular skid packages
- 1-2 years of experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting various standards, customer contract requirements, and related technical specifications
- A basic knowledge of various engineering disciplines Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls and Materials with special emphasis on Controls, Electrical, and Instrumentation
- Have working knowledge and the ability to effectively use the National Electric Code (NEC), ATEX directives (new IEC), CSA, and UL standards
- Computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, and AutoCAD
- Excellent writing and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Training/Certifications Experience with CAD, UL, and NEC
- Working knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFDs) and other control technologies including PLC’s and a general understanding of process instrumentation
- Work extensively with mechanical/hydraulic sales organization to package controls and automation as value add to potential sale
- Work across disciplines to increase knowledge, communication, and productivity by participating/contributing to all phases of a project including conceptual design, detailed engineering with partner integrators, supervision/coordination of equipment fabrication, testing, and start-up
- Review the project contract, proposal, specifications, preliminary drawings, and clarifications to determine the intended scope, technical feasibility, and compliance of technical objectives for the project
- Work with suppliers to develop controls, electrical, and instrumentation engineering documents required for design, customer approval, and fabrication of the project including but not limited to Instrument List, Instrument Data Sheets, Instrument Hook-Up Details, Utility Schedule, Electrical Panel Drawings (Layouts/Bill of Material/Schematics), Heat Trace Details, Conduit/Cable Schedule & Layout, Cause and Effect Matrix, Logic Diagrams, Control Narrative, Safety Analysis, Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
- Interact with the fabrication and assembly team to solve engineering issues presented during production
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Want to learn more about this role and Jobot?
Click our Jobot logo and follow our LinkedIn page!