This is a 100% remote-friendly role with CivicPlus. Our headquarters is located in Manhattan, Kansas (not New York!), and we have offices in Raleigh-Durham, NC; San Diego, CA; Boxborough, MA; and New Haven, CT.
With more than 20 years of experience, CivicPlus has earned the trust of over 12,000 customers, their 100,000+ local government users, and their 340 million+ residents in the U.S. and Canada alone.
Since 2011, CivicPlus has been named by Inc.Magazine as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.”
Are you looking for your next exciting career opportunity? Then look no more- you found it! We are expanding our enthusiastic and growing US Sales team, and will hopefully be welcoming you to it!
You do not need any prior sales experience with a SaaS company, but a motivation and eagerness to learn is a must! As our next SDR, you’ll have a crucial role in prospecting new markets and customers to expand our presence across the US.
We’re excited to hire a new Sales Development Representative who can:
- Build a strong pipeline and generate demand through outbound calls, emails and other channels
- Book demos with clients so our Account Executives can expand our amazing products in your market
- Work closely with Account Executives and Marketing team leaders to develop and execute sales strategies
- Put in the effort and have the drive, passion, and right mindset so we can make you our next rockstar! ⭐️
Meet the team:
You’ll be joining a diverse team where you will collaborate in an open and inclusive environment. We invest in opportunities, such as our Red Carpet rollout and Buddy system during onboarding, to build employee connections and accelerate belonging, and you will experience that everyone is valued and there is a curiosity around you as a person!
We love having company events where our coworkers all across not only the US, but globally, can get together, learn more about each other, and have fun! For example, our Great Work Place Committee hosts a fun filled week of Halloween festivities in October that includes: Halloween Trivia, a Costume Contest, Pumpkin Decorating Contest, and more!
In addition, we have active committees in which you can directly participate or enjoy the activities they arrange including: Community Engagement (philanthropic), ERG (employee resource groups), DEIB (Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging), and Great Work Place (plan fun virtual & in-person events).
Why YOU should apply:
- We are a company who puts “work-life-balance” and “work-laugh-balance” next to each other
- We provide every employee with an annual professional development stipend, helping you grow and develop your skills in the SaaS field that you will use for the rest your career
- Great career opportunities in a fast-paced and internationally growing company where new opportunities presents themselves on an ongoing basis
- You will work together with a highly competent sales department who cares about sharing knowledge, best practices, and supporting each other in their success and growth
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Disability insurance
- Pet insurance
- 100% 401k match up to 5% vested immediately
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) to use as needed and a flexible work environment
- Parental leave
- Paid holidays
There is no ideal candidate, but it’d be great if:
- You have prior sales experience in a professional setting
- You've ever done competitive sports and have a driven spirit together with a desire to be successful
- You've ever done fundraising or worked on the campaign trail
- You have a desire to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment that puts your learning and succeeding at a top priority
- You take initiative and aren’t afraid to suggest new ideas or bring creative sales approaches to the table
- Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this position!
We have a defined career path ready for you to dive into, to ensure that your potential and skills will be developed and utilized as best as possible! This career path defines different targets, commission structures, responsibility levels, and milestones all designed to help you reach your maximum potential for success.
Why people love us:
Our culture is people-centric, open, and innovative. You will be able to truly make a difference by applying your skills and unique talents, with great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
We’re also curious, diverse, and driven. We build awesome stuff that helps people, and we love having fun while doing it together. We can do this, because every single one of us shares our core values, which we hope that you can too!
Purpose-Driven - Making an impact and doing something meaningful
Ambitious - Driven to Succeed
Trustworthy - Honest, ethical, and actively pursuing truth
Team Player - Working well with others and relating to them
Innovative - Continuously searching for better solutions
If you are interested in joining a global SaaS scale-up and this job sounds like a good fit, we definitely want to hear from you!
Never heard of CivicPlus?
CivicPlus® delivers technology solutions that enable local governments to optimize the experience they deliver when interacting with residents. Over 12,000 local governments use our solutions when serving their 340 million residents. We deliver the industry’s first and only Civic Experience Platform. It enables local governments to drive more revenue, operate more efficiently, and generate positive recognition for the many services they provide every day.
We partner with thousands of municipal leaders who want to improve service delivery but struggle with budget, department, and technology constraints. Consequently, residents misperceive that their municipality uses outdated processes and is difficult to work with.
CivicPlus is the only government technology company exclusively committed to empowering local governments to efficiently operate, serve, and govern through the use of our innovative and integrated technology solutions built and supported by former municipal leaders and award-winning support teams. As a result, Local governments who partner with CivicPlus create positive civic experiences and build resident trust and appreciation.
We have created an opportunity path to keep up with CivicPlus' explosive growth and the growth of our employees. Have you ever wanted the ability to know exactly when your next promotion will be? As a data-driven team with defined pathing, you are in the driver's seat for how quickly you climb the ladder at CivicPlus.
PLEASE NOTE: CivicPlus is unable to sponsor visas at this time. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident authorized to work in the US.
All applicants will be subject to a background and reference check.
CivicPlus is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve and we recognize that diverse and inclusive teams lead to more innovation and better financial returns. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.