The Corporate Account Executive (AE) role is intended to maximize sales in the unassigned / territory account segment. The primary focus is aimed at closing greenfield opportunities with larger, strategic under-penetrated F2000 accounts while maintaining sustained transactional sales growth. In this role, you will be selling in a territory in an inside environment.
The Corporate AE is tasked to improve sales in the territory by leveraging the partner sales community. Collaborating with the partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical. The focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions.
Required Skills (To Be Successful)
- Building pipeline through prospecting and top-of-funnel activities
- Directly selling through an inside, direct marketing environment to deliver sales targets and consistently achieve quota
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly and annual basis
- Effectively develop channel relationships, communicate and coach ideas and concepts to external partner representatives on how to position and close Appian opportunities
- Accountable for a quarterly bookings target for Appian products (SaaS) along with packaged services and education offerings
- Support and provide guidance to both field and partner marketing events
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, CS bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis via Salesforce.com
- Accomplishing the workload required for a high-volume sales role
- Building a business case and establishing value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Appian portfolio to meet the customers’ business objectives and justify the sale
- 2-5 years of proven selling experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Prospecting: a proven track record of penetrating accounts, reaching decision-makers, and closing business
- Demonstrated experience exceeding/achieving KPIs and targeted business goals
- A desire to work the bookends of the sale – prospecting and closing with a demonstrated achievement in sales closing
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced team environment ie. positive and competitive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Passionate about hunting and closing new opportunities
- Demonstrated time management and communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator, 6-Sense, G Suite and similar technologies
- Comfortable supporting Partners negotiating deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.