As a member of the Customer Success Team, your primary responsibility is to provide world-class service to our customers. The Customer Success Specialist is expected to take on customer calls and be able to manage priorities, in a fast-paced environment. You will also proactively contact merchants in various system boarding statuses to help them successfully board and stay connected to the service.
- Understand and become conversant regarding the Sales Tax application.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form and maintain accurate and timely records in HubSpot, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Educate and empower customers by providing clarity on their Sales Tax application.
- Be the voice of the customer. Drive issues to resolution.
- Escalate problem or difficult sales tax return issues to the Onboarding Manager or Filing Manager for assistance.
- Maintain assigned boarding and churn management queues to proactively help customers board and stay connected to the sales tax system.
- Exhibit a high degree of empathy, have an ability to work with customers in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills –ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- A critical thinker
- Basic understanding of general math and percentages.
- Team player with the ability to encourage a positive atmosphere.
- Comfortable making outbound & taking inbound phone calls and have excellent oral communication skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills for email, text and chat.
- General understanding of retail point-of-sale devices, sales tax regulations and how these requirements apply to small retail businesses.
- Experience with using spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets or similar) and writing basic spreadsheet formulas.
- Familiarity with Hubspot CRM a plus.
- Verbal and written Spanish fluency is desirable.
- Ability to take direction and feedback to improve work processes.
- Ability to work independently in a time constrained environment.
Preferred Qualifications: (great to have but not necessary)
- College degree preferred.