Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About The Team
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About The Role
Here at Workday, our Account Executives are key players in our Field Sales Operations organization. With a net new revenue focus, they are the fuel for Workday’s new customer growth. This fantastic team of hardworking professionals play a key role in guiding new customers on a journey that can see them leave the limitations of legacy platforms behind and move forward with a new class of enterprise management cloud. As a team, we believe that in partnering with our customers to craft relevant solutions that deliver long lasting value is super important. We want to make sure that our customers are positively satisfied from day one and forever ongoing. In this role, you will:
- Develop strategy for prioritizing, targeting, and closing key opportunities in assigned territory
- Perform account planning for assigned accounts, coordinating with pre-sales and other resources to ensure strategic alignment
- Initiate and support sales of Workday solutions within Medium Enterprise prospects and shares Workday value propositions
- Maintain accurate and timely customer/prospect, pipeline, and service forecast data
- Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance, HR, sourcing and planning. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, sourcing and analytics applications crafted for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies.
- Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized to the Fortune 50, are gaining business value from Workday.
- Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Workday's core values give us a framework for leadership and daily decisions, and help us enjoy our time at work. Sounds so simple, but too often companies get caught up in politics, ivory-tower attitudes, and market mania instead of focusing on the things that probably made them successful in the first place.
- Our core values and beliefs define what’s meaningful to us at Workday. From a future employee perspective these core values are key;
- Employees - Most fundamentally, people are the core of our business. Without them, we would not have a business. We hire the best and expect great accomplishments.
- Integrity - We say what we mean, and mean what we say. We stick to our commitments, treat everyone equitably, and communicate openly and honestly.
- Fun - We also feel it’s important to have a sense of humor. We like to laugh—it makes our work that much more enjoyable. We also invest in community and company events that help our employees and their families feel a connection to Workday beyond business as usual.
- For a full list of values see here: https://www.workday.com/en-gb/company/about-workday/core-values.html
- If you have a stellar sales track record, are a self-starter, love working in a multifaceted environment and want to have FUN then Workday is the place for you.
- Build and drive revenue within a specified region or list of named accounts
- Generate business opportunities through professional networking and cold-calling
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday
- Drive brand awareness, campaigns, and lead generation via networking, associations, etc.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Nurture mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
- Be responsible for the sales cycle - from lead progression to closure
- Develop strategic territory business plan
- Maintain account and opportunity forecasting within our internal systems
- Work with Field Marketing to generate leads
- Ensure 100% customer happiness and retention
- A validated sales hunter and closer
- Experience leading a sales pursuit in a team selling environment
- Experience selling to Enterprise accounts
- Proven track record handling sophisticated sales cycles from start to finish
- Consistent track record of sales excellence
- 8+ years of experience selling SaaS/Cloud based ERP / HCM / Financial / Planning / or Analytics solutions to C-levels from a field sales position.
- Experience negotiating deals with a variety of C-Suite Executives to close opportunities
- Experience in engaging in a programmatic approach to generate and develop leads within your territory
- Proven track record in a high-velocity sales cycle, including prospecting for a portion of opportunities
- Understanding of the the strategic competitive landscape of the industry by staying up to date with trends and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday solutions within accounts
- Experience leveraging and partnering with internal team members on account strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You may view the Workday's Pay Transparency Policy, and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, by clicking on their corresponding links.
Workday is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans during our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!