It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Strategic Account Managers lead Proofpoint’s sales and account management efforts into the largest, most strategically important commercial enterprises. Proofpoint Strategic AMs are expected to be top-flight, consultative, sales professionals that build trusting relationships across multiple business units at F500 companies. The role demands interaction with large scale enterprises at the CISO, CIO and CTO level, as well as with technical staff within each organization.
Strategic AMs are expected to excel in a highly cross-functional environment including; sales engineers, business development reps., renewal account managers, archiving specialists, Advanced Technology specialists, professional services engineers, finance associates, product managers and Sales Management. Strategic AMs must also work well with external reseller and eco-system business partners.
Strategic AMs are entrusted to prudently leverage and direct all Proofpoint resources within their account base.
Planning & Preparation
- Develop, document and maintain comprehensive strategies and sets of tactics to maximize Proofpoint sales into each assigned account. Detailed information is critical and must be current, accurate and complete.
- Continuously conduct account planning sessions with SE, product specialist, sales management and Executive staff.
- Contribute to educational sessions including weekly Staff Calls, sales training, and best practices sharing.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the information security ecosystem of which Proofpoint is a part and how the combination adds value to each account. Ensure all account information in SalesForce.com is complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- Prospect continually to uncover all opportunities for Proofpoint products and services that may improve the information security posture of each account.
- Coordinate with partner SEs to ensure each customer participates in formal Customer Business Reviews (CBR) and solution Health Checks on a quarterly basis.
- Strive to build a pipeline of opportunities that is 4x what’s needed to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Establish strong business relationships at the manager, director and C-Level within each account.
- Demonstrate well designed and executed solution selling capabilities.
- Demonstrate ability to orchestrate and deliver strong sales presentations.
- Coordinate multiple internal and external resources as needed to sell effectively.
- Accurately forecast respective business in territory.
- Engage Proofpoint resources frequently, including Sales Management, in face-to-face and webinar meetings with accounts and business partners.
- Communicate frequently, honestly and completely with the Regional Sales Director and others in Proofpoint management.
- Alert Sales Management of potential problems and opportunities promptly.
Strategic AMs are competitive and results oriented, possess strong business acumen, maintain a solid business pipeline, deliver accurate forecast to management, close forecasted business, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!