Sorcero is the leading Life Sciences Language Intelligence platform. Its advanced analytics enable 40% of the top 10 global life sciences organizations to gain clarity and complete visibility on the efficacy and impact of their scientific engagement on patient outcomes. Medical affairs teams rely on Sorcero to multiply their productivity by 10x and to transform their medical strategy with real-time advanced analytics across the therapeutic landscape. Sorcero is privately-held and headquartered in Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.Sorcero.com.WHY JOIN SORCERO?
Our growth and success by collaborating with our network of passionate entrepreneurs to build a scalable, impactful organization. From flexible working arrangements to encouraging meaningful interactions with teammates across the globe, Sorcero provides a supportive community to bring out the best in each of us.
Our employees are driven by these common values:
- Pursuit of excellence and mastery of their craft
- Humility in defeat and in success
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Desire to create large-scale, positive change
Sorcero builds AI powered solutions, combining the power of deep learning with the accuracy of ontologies to drive natural language understanding. Our platform and applications are used by top Pharma companies, scientists and researchers. We are looking for a Sales Director to contribute to the rapid expansion of our platform adoption by leading Life Sciences to:
- Partner with Sales Executives, Presales, and Product to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Build solution workflows based on client needs; Gains customer acceptance by demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition
- Manage all technical aspects of RFI/RFP, in partnership with Solution Engineering
- Manage all aspects of deal negotiation and acceptance
Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to execute quickly. Someone who thrives on developing new technology, challenging the status quo and is not afraid to ask questions. A good fit would be a Director of Sales who has expertise in the Life Sciences domain and a natural curiosity for big data and analytics. You will be expected to contribute to the decision making process and influence the design, functionality and application of our product line.
Keep in mind - this is a challenging domain. We make decisions fast, based on scientific facts, using advanced custom technology. We are not building standard, ordinary applications. Our products are innovative and so is our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to contribute meaningfully and learn a LOT while having fun in the process.Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Build a pipeline of new business opportunities
- Drive revenue by developing new, strategic partnerships
- Perform demonstrations of Sorcero's product offering both on site and via the web
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and BD teams for optimizing the performance of Language Intelligence platform and the analytics and content delivered by the platform applications
- Collect and document competitive intelligence to drive a differentiated solutions strategy
- Prepare solutions sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and AI capability delivery
- Contribute to solution sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives
- Maintain a firm understanding and knowledge of our product offerings/technology including new releases and update
- Bachelor's or more advanced degree
- 8-15+ years experience in sales, pre-sales, solutions engineering, with technical pre and post-sales and/or technical consulting architecture experience preferred
- 2+ years experience working in an early startup business
- Ability to work remotely. We have a distributed team with members across the globe. Eastern Standard (EST) time zone is preferred
- Ability to work and track sales process and execution in CRM System (Hubspot currently)
- Successful track record of building deep technical relationships with senior Execs in large or highly strategic accounts and delivery partners
- Confidence to ask questions. You will be an active contributor and business problem solver. You will be expected to understand, research and solution possible design alternatives in support of the product's success.
- Highly effective communicator, with the ability to engage with all levels of management and present complicated technical concepts in layman's terms; make the complex simple
- You have done enough projects to understand the Life Sciences customer or you're able to quickly gather and decipher what problem our customers are trying to solve
- Excellent planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective team player and collaborator, working across Commercial, Product and Engineering business lines
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in NLP, NLU, NLG, and Deep Learning Language Models
- Understanding of MEDDPICC Sales Methodology
Sorcero is a remote and globally distributed team. We offer a rewarding salary along with the following benefits:
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
- Three weeks PTO + 1 week of December holiday recess + 1 week Safe & Sick leave
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Paid parental bonding leave
- 401(k) retirement plan, with 100% company match up to 5%
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, education, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.