The sales team is growing, and we’re looking for an elite Strategic Account Executive to join our team! We’re based in NYC, but hire talent remote-first.
This role is primarily inbound oriented, working off a consistent funnel of MQLs in order to establish and nurture key relationships and close high-impact customers.
As a Strategic AE, you will be expected to have strong consultative selling skills, be able to balance a healthy pipeline month after month, and partner closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders in order to achieve team goals and keep up Vitally’s continued growth.
We are looking for self-motivated, naturally curious, and ambitious AE’s with experience specific to the B2B SaaS space. In this role, you will help drive ARR and be a true product ambassador for Vitally as we capture the market share in the CS space.
- Manage and work deals throughout the full sales cycle, from initial discovery to product demo to close
- The majority of your revenue will come via inbound leads and SDRs, but you will be responsible for generating 20-25% of your own pipeline. Prior experience hunting as a SDR/AE will be critical to your success.
- Help build out and refine our sales process. This can include everything from refining customer communications to helping create new sales collateral to developing a new demo narrative, and everything in between
- Close net new business
- Be the voice of the customer; understand their needs and make them champions
- Work with Product, Growth, and Customer Success to create the best customer experience
- 5+ years in technology sales experience (preference for SaaS), high-end of Mid-Market and Enterprise sales experience quarterbacking complex, multi-stakeholder deals.
- 5+ years of quota-carrying sales closing experience with a track record of high-performance
- Experience selling into the SMB & MM space (ideally selling into B2B SaaS companies)
- Experience working with a technical product and complex value propositions.
- Able to talk through technical integrations and run your own demos of the product. Sales Engineers will provide support, but you are ideally a more Technical AE who can also do this independently when needed.
- Strong communicator leading with authenticity and honesty
- Have a positive outlook, growth mindset, and a strong ability to take responsibility for their successes and failures
- Exceptional project management skills to gain buy-in across multiple levels of an organization and drive a sale to closed won through legal/procurement.
- Competitive individuals with a sharp focus on achieving their goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment - moving quickly and thinking strategically
- Bonus: experience in the CS space is a plus, but not required
Benefits & Culture:
- Competitive Salary: We offer a competitive salary given both your experience as well as location (we know some places cost a lot to live!) The base salary starts at $130,000/year.
- Commission: 50% of your total On-Target Earnings (OTE) will be tied to performance against your goals (i.e. number of meetings delivered and opportunities created each month)
- Equity: We want every team member invested in the company’s success and are happy to be generous with equity.
- 100% of health/dental/vision insurance premiums covered by us for you, your partner, and your dependents.
- 401k with a company match.
- Commuter benefits.
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum we require you to take off. Please relax and recharge!
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home policy.
- WFH stipend to ensure your work environment meets your standards wit (i.e. laptop, monitor, etc).
- Education stipend.
- Culture: We are committed to a productive and respectful work environment. Culturally, the team is extremely collaborative, friendly, fun, hard-working, intelligent, and mature. That said, while we're young and scrappy as a team, we don't believe in building a startup cult. We like each other, we support each other, we're a focused team that busts our asses at work, and we enjoy hanging out from time to time-- but we enjoy having our own lives outside of Vitally.
- Career path: Not only will you learn a ton in this role, but since we're a small team, there will be plenty of promotion and growth opportunities ahead.
Vitally is a Customer Success platform built for strategic and proactive CS teams looking to easily prevent churn and retain (and identify) their best customers. Some of the best CS teams at companies like Zapier, Segment, and Productboard trust Vitally to unify their customer data. We make it possible with our powerful analytics dashboards, intuitive automations, and project management tools that all together make their customer data collaborative, measurable, and actionable for all key stakeholders-- from CSMs to CEOs.
We’re a high-growth, VC-backed startup who, at the end of the day, are looking to onboard people who want to have a profound impact on both the business and their own career. How? Working together to build the future of Customer Success.
If you get excited about ownership, autonomy, impact, and quality output -- then we’re excited about you. We’re not here to hold your hand, but we’re here to build a great product together.