Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $81 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.2 billion in just 18 months. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!Your Role
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to manage our rapidly growing customer base across all industries and customer segments from Growth to Enterprise customers. As a CSM, you’ll be able to work directly with engineering and product while also working with a variety of stakeholders as customers. As every business can benefit from our platform, you’ll also get exposure to different types of companies and industries. You will advise customers on how to transform the way they manage B2B purchasing across their business, creating immediate value and efficiency for employees.
You will manage a portfolio of clients across all types of clients and be responsible for driving customer success. This role is ideal for you if you enjoy building, creative problem solving, and want to work with a world-class team and customers such as Coinbase, Snowflake, Toast, Northwestern Mutual, Notion, Canva, Samsara, Databricks, Miro, and many more.You Will
- Define customer business outcomes and partner with our customers to deliver those outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Act as a trusted procurement advisor and thought partner to continuously educate and enable our customers on Zip’s platform and procurement best practices.
- Identify champions and build relationships with key business stakeholders across Procurement, Finance, Legal, IT/Security, and Privacy/Compliance teams.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer adoption and loyalty.
- Manage customer health based on data-driven adoption metrics.
- Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business needs and requirements into new solutions for customers, while skillfully managing customer expectations.
- Train and empower customers to be product specialists to become increasingly self-sufficient for their organization.
- Partner with Sales to manage renewals to achieve target NRR.
- Continuously improve Customer Success assets and processes. We’re an early-stage company, we want people who are excited to build and motivated to up-level the status quo!
Nice to Haves
- 5+ years of relevant work experience working in customer-facing customer success, account management, or strategic consulting organization. B2B SaaS experience in a high-paced environment is a benefit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish quick rapport and trust with customers.
- Strong project management skills to manage a dynamic customer portfolio.
- Creative problem solver while being attentive to details.
- Business process-oriented and ability to think about workflow efficiency (e.g. diagrams, conditionally based logic, etc.).
- Proactive team player that is able to identify process gaps and willing to jump in and help wherever needed (company, team, self mentality).
- Procurement experience (procurement, sourcing, or vendor management background) and familiarity with procurement technologies such as ERP (Netsuite, Coupa, etc.), HRIS (Workday, etc.), CLM, GRC, JIRA, ServiceNow workflow management tools.
- Payments software experience (invoicing, PO creation) and background working with CFOs, Controller, Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable roles.
- Experience with SaaS workflow management tools (low code / no code configuration).
- Experience working in a top tier consulting firm or have an MBA.
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$140,000 OTE. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan